- If your booking is made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking.
- Until such time as the 50% booking is paid we will be unable to guarantee the booking on your behalf
- If you book your stay within 30 days of your arrival date, you are required to pay the full price of the property rental.
- After paying the 50% deposit; should you fail to pay the balance of 50% 30 days prior to your arrival-date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking subject to our cancellation charges. CVS will not be held responsible for your failure to do so.
- You will be asked to pay cash security deposit on arrival at the property. The deposit is security against any damages or charges that may arise during your stay. The amount of the deposit will be equal to one days rent.
- The number of guests in your party staying at the property must be clearly stated at the time of booking, and must not exceed this during the period of the rental. We reserve the right, to refuse entry to your party, and/or terminate the rental without prior notice should this occur.
- Unreasonably noisy or poorly behaved guests may be asked to leave the property without reimbursement at the discretion of Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka.
- Payments are to be made in US dollars.
- All payments due must be made in full.
- Any bank charges relating to the transfer of funds must be borne by the person making the booking, and not by CVS.
- All payments will be online and 15% VAT is payable in addition to the agreed price for the property rental.
- Cancellation must be made in writing via email.
- No show is subject to forfeiture of all payments you have made.
- Should you cancel your booking for whatever reason your 50% deposit is non-refundable. Any balance payment will be returned to you deducting handling chargers.
- In the very unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking prior to the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid.
- By paying the booking amount in full, you agree to all terms and conditions.
- You are entitled to occupy the specified property for the full period booked subject to the following:
- The property and its contents shall be left in the same state as you found it on arrival.
- You agree not to make any changes or alterations to the property and its contents during the course of your stay.
- You also agree not to damage either the property or its contents, or remove anything from the property that does not belong to you.
- You do not use the property for anything other than a holiday villa.
- You may not use the property for commercial purposes or to hold any event without prior agreement in writing from a CVS representative.
- You may not sublet the property at any time or allow any other person (other than those declared at the time of booking) to stay at the property without prior agreement from CVS.
- You may only stay in and use the facilities found within the villa you have rented. You may not at any time enter any other annexes.
- You agree to report any damaged or soiled items belonging to the property to the staff, and, if deemed necessary, to pay for the washing or repair of these items.
- You agree to allow CVS representatives to enter the property during the course of your stay, subject to reasonable notice to assess or carry out repairs as may be necessary.
- You will not ask staff to leave the property at any time other than carrying out their duties, such as shopping on your behalf.
- Kindly refrain from asking the staff for credit of any kind during your stay.
- Any items you wish the staff to purchase must be paid for in cash prior to receipt of the goods or services.
- Staff must always be present at the property.
We strongly recommend that all parties staying at the villa have their own comprehensive travel insurance (including personal effects, injury and medical cover).
CVS will not be held responsible for any financial loss or damage to our guests personal items, nor any injury sustained by them or any member of their party while staying at one of our properties.
Please arrive at the property after 14:00 to allow the staff to prepare for your arrival.
On arrival, a security deposit of one day’s rental will be requested in cash.
On departure, please vacate the villa by 11.00 am. Where this is not possible, we will try our best to assist, including moving luggage and vehicle packing.
Your Security deposit will be refunded, after we have inspected the villa for damage or breakages, prior to your departure.
Travel insurance during your holiday including illness, injury, death, damage, loss, and cancellation is highly advisable.
- CVS is not liable in any circumstance to substitute or refund any unused proportion of accommodation and other related services.
- CVS is not liable to damage, loss, injury, and death sustained by residing clients both inside and outside the villa.
- Whilst we make our best effort to ensure accuracy of information presented in our website, we are not responsible for any changes and alterations made by the villa owner.
- CVS is not responsible and therefore is not liable for any related expenses that may arise from inconvenience caused to you regarding the state or condition of the villa.
- CVS is not liable to any loss and damages to personal belongings of the clients and their visiting guests including cars and personal belongings left inside.
Both CVS and villa owners do their best to provide comfortable accommodation for the clients to occupy. Occasionally, issues arise that are beyond our control which may negatively affect your villa holiday experience.
- Clients should address complaints to the villa manager immediately.
- Both villa owner and CVS will not entertain any complains raised after client’s departure.
- CVS is not liable for failure to perform its obligation caused by issues beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to act of God, power failure, fire, flood, epidemic disease, war, riot, and terrorism.